DC-SWAT Forum
G1-ATA Devices - Версия для печати

+- DC-SWAT Forum (http://www.dc-swat.ru/forum)
+-- Форум: Sega Dreamcast (/forum-2.html)
+--- Форум: Hardware (/forum-9.html)
+--- Тема: G1-ATA Devices (/thread-2111.html)

Страниц: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: G1-ATA Devices - SWAT - 11.04.2014 14:43

(11.04.2014 13:43)shadow писал(а):  А если попытаться пропатчить игру?

Вероятно это поможет, нужно найти это место и хотя бы уменьшить диапазон стираемой памяти.

RE: G1-ATA Devices - shadow - 11.04.2014 15:36

Лучше уж доработать загрузчик, а то патчить каждую игру сил не хватит.

RE: G1-ATA Devices - SWAT - 11.04.2014 17:43

(11.04.2014 15:36)shadow писал(а):  Лучше уж доработать загрузчик, а то патчить каждую игру сил не хватит.

Так и не для каждой игры же это необходимо.

RE: G1-ATA Devices - Lin - 11.04.2014 23:02

Сват попробуй запустить соника 2 с адреса 8CFC4600

И ещё дружище, попробуй патч сделать в 1st_read.bin по адресу 8C0C0D76 - заменить 0x1032 на 0x0800

RE: G1-ATA Devices - megavolt85 - 12.04.2014 04:26

(11.04.2014 23:02)Lin писал(а):  Сват попробуй запустить соника 2 с адреса 8CFC4600

затирается

RE: G1-ATA Devices - Lin - 12.04.2014 13:14

А игра то хоть запускается, если запускается, то с какого места стопорится?

RE: G1-ATA Devices - megavolt85 - 12.04.2014 15:55

выбираю за кого играть, идут титры и в момент когда игра должна начаться загрузчик пишет что затерт

RE: G1-ATA Devices - e2e4 - 12.04.2014 16:09

добрый день
1) для G1-ATA нужен bios mod?
2) если не трудно скиньте схему G1-ATA, ну или на худой конец где его можно найти

RE: G1-ATA Devices - megavolt85 - 12.04.2014 18:33

1) Можно грузиться с диска
2) раз два

RE: G1-ATA Devices - SWAT - 13.04.2014 20:57

Добавил фото адаптера и еще одно видео.
http://www.dc-swat.ru/blog/dreamshell/873.html

RE: G1-ATA Devices - OzOnE - 13.04.2014 22:14

Thought I'd add the schematics here too...

http://oi58.tinypic.com/l8g0k.jpg

http://oi60.tinypic.com/zxpc14.jpg

It's a very simple design - basically most of the IDE signals between the three connectors (DC / GD / IDE port) are connected together apart from the /Reset signals and the CDDA clocks...

The idea was to make a flexible design that could be useful for connecting to an FPGA board (for GD EMU experiments and data capture).

It breaks out the CDDA signals onto the jumper pins, as these are not normally carried on a standard IDE connector.
This lets us use an external board for CDDA playback emulation (if it proves difficult to do in software).

Also, it routes the CDDA Clock signals to the jumper pins so you can either get the CDDA Clock from the GD drive (as normal), or input an external clock, or use an on-board oscillator module for if we can ever do a true "GD Drive free" BIOS patch.

Basically, for normal use with an IDE device set to Slave, you'd plug the GD drive on top of the G1 adapter, connect all the /Reset signals together (so the DC can Reset both the GD drive and IDE device), and connect the GD CDDA Clock to the DC CDDA Clock input (using a jumper).

It makes more sense when you see the schematics. Smile

No point trying to protect the "design", as it's so simple.

If anyone would like to get a new batch of boards made up, please remember that there are a few known issues with this current design...

I only used three pins for the /Reset signals, so you can't just fit two jumpers side-by-side.
It will need two "/G_RST" pins (/Reset FROM the DC) next to each-other to fix this.

The board ended up being slightly too big to fit it against the plastic part of the modem / LAN housing when in the DC case.

The IDE connector was "mirrored" wrong on the PCB layout, so it's actually the wrong way around.
(I had to pull the plastic shroud part off the 40-pin IDE header, and rotate it 180-degrees. lol)

This is also why the IDE connector is on the underside of the adapter, but I think it actually works quite well like that because it supports the board from bending down.

Also, the positioning of the jumper pins and power connections are not be optimal.
(You'll notice that the jumper pins had to be bent downwards so they don't short out when the GD drive is placed on top.)

This is pretty much the best I could do at the time, but the PCB layout needs much improvement.

The power connections are important, as they allow you to easily connect to a CF / SD adapter or small 2.5" laptop HDD using a "floppy drive".

The GD drive on top unfortunately means that it will sit about an inch higher than normal too, so the DC case won't fit back on.
The shorter Molex connector for the top part is apparently no longer available.

This issue may be fixed if we can do a proper BIOS patch or a small CPLD board so the DC no longer searches for the GD drive.

So, quite a few things to think about and fix. Tongue

OzOnE
P.S. @SWAT, megavolt85, and others - Thanks for your work, and for the post on the Blog. Smile

RE: G1-ATA Devices - shadow - 13.04.2014 23:45

Получается гдром работает и винчестер одновременно?

RE: G1-ATA Devices - OzOnE - 14.04.2014 00:05

Yes, you should be able to use the GD drive as normal if you boot the DC with a disk in.

The IDE device on the adapter must be set to Slave, and it only works via the new Dreamshell atm (to be released when it's ready. Wink

So far, I haven't found that a CF card or HDD has interfered with booting a GD disk.
SWAT and others can probably confirm this though.

There are a few risks with using the adapter, because the GD drive bus operates at 3.3V, and most IDE HDD's work at 5V.

The DC can handle it fine, as the pins on the HOLLY chip for the G1 bus are 5V tolerant, and it has series resistors to protect it.
But, there's a very tiny chance that it could damage the GD drive in some way.

When set up properly, the Slave device / GD drive should be working independently though, so has been fine so far.

OzOnE

RE: G1-ATA Devices - SWAT - 14.04.2014 21:32

Продолжаю тестировать загрузчики, добавил еще одно видео - http://www.dc-swat.ru/blog/dreamshell/873.html
Попалось пару лагов в музыке во время загрузок, не существенно конечно, но не приятно.
DMA решило бы эту проблему, но пока с ним я застрял на пол пути.

RE: G1-ATA Devices - SWAT - 18.04.2014 19:08

Сложил в кучу всю доступную информацию о адаптере - http://www.dc-swat.ru/blog/hardware/874.html

RE: G1-ATA Devices - OzOnE - 18.04.2014 21:09

Superb!

Thanks, SWAT. Smile

This will make it easier for everyone to try the IDE method.

As I say, no reason not to have this as open-source, as it's such a simple design.
It doesn't even really need the jumper pins if it will only be used with Dreamshell.

I'll try to get a big batch of new boards made in the next few weeks.

btw, can the new DS be compiled OK from the Dropbox version?
I kind of messed up my Cygwin install for DC coding, but I think I have it on a VM as well.

I want to do some testing with the G1 adapter too.
Not sure if we should call it "G1-ATA" or just "G1-IDE"?

Also, how far are you getting with the DMA stuff?

OzOnE.

RE: G1-ATA Devices - SWAT - 19.04.2014 08:24

Yes in Dropbox have all that is needed. Look in SDK directory.
G1-ATA already familiar Smile and the driver so called in KOS.
DMA does not work properly, some data is lost in the sector.

RE: G1-ATA Devices - SWAT - 21.04.2014 06:23

Добавил еще 4 демонстрационных видео ролика.
shadow, последнее видео специально для тебя Wink

http://www.dc-swat.ru/blog/dreamshell/873.html

RE: G1-ATA Devices - shadow - 21.04.2014 12:54

Даа, за Sonic Adventure 2 спасибоBlush
Одна из самых любимых игр для дриме) Я, так понимаю, игра была пропатчена? Или же загрузчик модифицирован? И ещё, SWAT, проверь потом Toy Anthology, тоже интересная игрулькаWink

RE: G1-ATA Devices - SWAT - 21.04.2014 14:16

Никаких патчей, это нетронутый US GDI.
Нашел одну проблему в загрузчиках просто, благодаря этому пошло много других игр.
Все те что в последних роликах, раньше не работали по той же причине.