Администратор

Рейтинг: 30
Сказал спасибо: 134
Поблагодарили 1171 раз(а) в 729 сообщ.
Звезда DreamShell v4.0.0 Release
[Изображение: attachment.php?aid=1310]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieP1EV4lOiI
http://www.dc-swat.ru/blog/dreamshell/1141.html

Probably no one expected this to happen, but you understood everything correctly - this is the main release of DreamShell v4.0.
Exactly 20 years ago, on this day, the first version of DreamShell appeared. I wrote a short story about this on it 10th anniversary here, so I won’t repeat myself now.
But I can say with confidence that DreamShell has become the project of my life to some extent, since 20 years is a significant period of time and it is not easy to repeat this. And it doesn’t matter that there was a long pause with releases, a constant request from the community does not allow me to leave this matter. I hope this continues to be the case.
In fact, this long pause has its advantages. During this time, additional experience and knowledge was accumulated, which allowed me to solve any issues of version 4 and achieve the release. Yes, not everything that should have been done has been done here, simply because the amount of work is limitless, because it is an operating system. But this is the biggest release in DreamShell history, without exaggeration.
Development of the 4th version began in 2008 and on the 5th anniversary of DreamShell (02/02/2009) the first beta version was released.
Thus, it turns out that the development of DreamShell v4.0.0 lasted for 15 years. There were 4 beta and 4 release candidate versions.
To prepare for the release, public testing under the guise of RC5 went on for more than a year, but this version was not planned to be released as a replacement for the latest RC4. This was used for development and testing purposes only. Those who participated in testing were very helpful, thank you very much!
What has changed since the last release? Let's start with the fact that the repository on GitHub has exceeded 500 commits, which take their toll from versions RC2/RC3, and even then not completely, since the full DreamShell code was only pushed since the RC4 version.
But this, of course, doesn’t say much; if someone wants to learn more about all the changes, they can do it themselves on GitHub.
In this post I will talk about the main differences between the release version and the last released RC4.

DreamShell Core:
- Most known UI and console related issues have been fixed.
- Most of the early programming errors and flaws have been fixed.
- Performance and stability have been greatly improved.
- The build system for the entire project has been improved.
- Fixed and improved network support via BBA and Modem.
- Improved FATFS performance and stability on all devices.
- Fixed and improved surfaces in the GUI and XML library. Support for 32-bit.
- Changed behavior of hotkeys for the FileManager widget.
- Fixed and improved events for video and input.
- Hardware rendered cursor and support for hardware rendered layers on top of SDL.
- Improved and updated KallisiOS to the latest version.
- Used modern GCC compilers version 13.2 with accelerated memory functions in Newblib 4.3.0.
- Updated old and added new modules and console commands.

In addition to the system core, a lot of work was done in the ISO Loader system, therefore, the list of changes in it is the longest.
A lot of time and effort was spent on some of these items. In particular, CDDA emulation, file system and syscalls.

The ISO Loader system:
- Syscalls emulation have been completely rewritten. Better compatibility.
- Improved perfomance for SD driver.
- Completely new IDE driver.
- Improved FATFS for SD and IDE. Pre-reading, continuous reading, asynchronous reading.
- Dynamic memory (heap) with selectable location.
- Improved CDDA emulation for all devices. New modes, auto adjusting buffer size from 32KB to 8KB, and restoring playback in case of conflicts with game code.
- IRQ hooking for better performance and new features.
- VMU emulation for 200 and 1800 blocks (SD and IDE).
- Creating high-quality lossless in game screenshots (SD and IDE).
- Loading from a second executable file (for example, widescreen patched).
- Low-level system call emulation mode (as version 0.7, only IDE with limited functions).
- Automatic disc change for multi-disc games without the ability to save before changing disc (only special GDI images).
- Built-in support for the updated the Bleem! emulator for launching PlayStation games from special GDI images (SD and IDE).
- Division into several types of loaders binary (in addition to the device) with a different set of features.
- Fixed all known issues in the application.
- Improved application UI and hotkey behavior.
- Play CDDA tracks when selecting an image in the application.

I also did not ignore other applications. And even added a couple of new ones.

DreamEye:
- New application.
- Exporting photos from internal storage to any supported device fs.
- Webcam mode with preview at resolutions of 160x120 and 320x240.
- Scanning QR codes in real time.
- Run DSC and LUA scripts from QR codes.

Network:
- New application.
- Supports connection via BBA and modem.
- FTP server (single connection only, fast download, slow upload yet).
- HTTP server (download only).

Main(desktop):
- The size of application icons has been increased to 64x64 and their highlighting has been fixed.
- The first page is for applications only. Scripts (for example, shortcuts) start from the second page.
- Bottom bar as island. New icon.
- Improved layout for icons.

VMU Manager:
- Fixed and improved UI. New icon and showing DreamEye on maple port.
- Fixed memory leaks.
- Fixed scanning of maple devices.
- Support for 1 MB dumps with 1800 blocks.

File Manager:
- Improved UI and new icon.
- Support for paths with spaces when working through console commands.
- Support for wav module for playing raw and wav tracks (in addition to other formats).

Settings:
- Fixed time setting.
- Time synchronization via NTP.

Speedtest:
- Added IO speed test for IDE in DMA mode and SD.

GD Ripper:
- Fixed UI and new icon.
- Fixed memory leaks and improved stability.

GD Play:
- Fixed UI and new icon.
- Fixed memory leaks and improved stability.

BIOS Flasher:
- Minor improvements for UI.

Region Changer:
- New icon and logo.

Download: https://github.com/DC-SWAT/DreamShell/releases

.png  DreamShell.png (Размер: 153.01 Кб / Загрузок: 659)

[Изображение: barbers.png]
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 01.02.2024 в 21:15, отредактировал пользователь SWAT.)
01.02.2024 21:08
Вебсайт Найти все сообщения Цитировать это сообщение
 Сказали спасибо: megavolt85 , MilkeyWilkey , e2e4 , dremov2007 , dimka112 , pcwzrd13 , Is'too , fafadou , svk77 , kof888 , sundance2 , luizroz , Ivan Guber , chth96 , wallace , Рафгул , yo4yo4 , Zychion , dragoncity , MannyMania , Василий , BrianRus , mistamontiel , ands , crystallize , yhuangnic
pcwzrd13 Не на форуме
Продвинутый

Рейтинг: 2
Сказал спасибо: 147
Поблагодарили 206 раз(а) в 155 сообщ.
RE: DreamShell v4.0.0 Release
Congrats on the release @SWAT and thanks for all your continued work on DreamShell! Some awesome updates here! Especially the Bleem support! Liking the visual refresh as well! Smile

Dreamcast Live | YouTube Channel | DreamShell IDE Compatibility List
01.02.2024 23:07
Найти все сообщения Цитировать это сообщение
megavolt85 Не на форуме
Супермодератор

Рейтинг: 38
Сказал спасибо: 180
Поблагодарили 1523 раз(а) в 895 сообщ.
(01.02.2024 23:07)pcwzrd13 писал(а):  Especially the Bleem support!

I tried to improve bleem for ode, but at the moment all my improvements are limited by ODE limitations, thanks to DreamShell you can bypass many restrictions and in the future you will see a more advanced version of bleem working in conjunction with a new loader.

HKT-3030, Bios mod, SD mod, VGA internal mod, G1ATA mod, Region changer mod, PSU mod
02.02.2024 00:28
 Сказали спасибо: pcwzrd13
joxley192 Не на форуме
Новичок

Рейтинг: 0
Сказал спасибо: 1
Поблагодарили 2 раз(а) в 2 сообщ.
Just watched the video and wow can't wait to try this in the morning and happy 20th anniversary love ur work
02.02.2024 03:18
kof888 Не на форуме
Продвинутый

Рейтинг: 5
Сказал спасибо: 8
Поблагодарили 61 раз(а) в 27 сообщ.
Thank you and your team for your hard work over the years. We dc players have benefited a lot from your hard work. You have extended the life of dc for a very long time
02.02.2024 06:07
SWAT Не на форуме
Администратор

(01.02.2024 23:07)pcwzrd13 писал(а):  Congrats on the release @SWAT and thanks for all your continued work on DreamShell! Some awesome updates here! Especially the Bleem support! Liking the visual refresh as well! Smile

Try also CDDA Wink

(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 02.02.2024 в 10:43, отредактировал пользователь SWAT.)
02.02.2024 10:42
pcwzrd13 Не на форуме
Продвинутый

(02.02.2024 10:42)SWAT писал(а):  
(01.02.2024 23:07)pcwzrd13 писал(а):  Congrats on the release @SWAT and thanks for all your continued work on DreamShell! Some awesome updates here! Especially the Bleem support! Liking the visual refresh as well! Smile

Try also CDDA Wink

Tested a couple games and it seems like it's much improved!

- Played through the first two worlds in Q*bert with no freezing which I've never been able to do before. The sound effects skip when going through portals but other than that it works great!

- Played songs on the jukebox in KISS Psycho Circus and there was no distortion at all! Also a big improvement as with previous versions there was always distortion. Smile

In general it seems there's much less distortion and when there's an issue like the audio crashing, it fixes itself instead of freezing. Very much like that!

Edit: Roadsters works now! Default settings with TMU1. I'm sure someone might be happy about this. lol :-P

(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 02.02.2024 в 20:04, отредактировал пользователь pcwzrd13.)
02.02.2024 19:50
SWAT Не на форуме
Администратор

(02.02.2024 19:50)pcwzrd13 писал(а):  

Try also CDDA Wink

- Played through the first two worlds in Q*bert with no freezing which I've never been able to do before. The sound effects skip when going through portals but other than that it works great!

- Played songs on the jukebox in KISS Psycho Circus and there was no distortion at all! Also a big improvement as with previous versions there was always distortion. Smile

In general it seems there's much less distortion and when there's an issue like the audio crashing, it fixes itself instead of freezing. Very much like that!

Edit: Roadsters works now! Default settings with TMU1. I'm sure someone might be happy about this. lol :-P

Similar distortions should gone in all games because I found the main reason of it. And I hope it helps for VA0 too.
Sometimes SFX in games can skips because channels are used for CDDA at this time, but this is one-time effects and not often.
Also the loader now recover channels very quickly in conflict situations and it's barely noticeable.

(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 02.02.2024 в 20:20, отредактировал пользователь SWAT.)
02.02.2024 20:17
pcwzrd13 Не на форуме
Продвинутый

(02.02.2024 20:17)SWAT писал(а):  
(02.02.2024 19:50)pcwzrd13 писал(а):  

Try also CDDA Wink

Similar distortions should gone in all games because I found the main reason of it. And I hope it helps for VA0 too.
Sometimes SFX in games can skips because channels are used for CDDA at this time, but this is one-time effects and not often.
Also the loader now recover channels very quickly in conflict situations and it's barely noticeable.

Awesome work SWAT! Just tried out Super Runabout, one of the worst games for distortion, and the music plays flawlessly now! Didn't hear any distortion at all! Amazing! Big Grin

Edit: Did a test of Worms Armageddon and I can't get it to boot with IRQ enabled. If I disable IRQ, the game will boot but the music doesn't play. Maybe one to look into.

Edit 2:

ChuChu Rocket! is working perfectly now! No more distortion and all the sound effects are working. Still can't play online though as the game still seems to get the wrong hardware ID.

4x4 Evo doesn't freeze at the end of music tracks anymore! As with ChuChu though, I can't play online. It freezes when you try to join a server.

(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 03.02.2024 в 01:32, отредактировал пользователь pcwzrd13.)
02.02.2024 20:25
chth96 Не на форуме
Пользователь

Сказал спасибо: 14
Поблагодарили 19 раз(а) в 15 сообщ.
I appreciate your hard works for continuing dreamshell project and really hope to keep going this great project.

I tested Pia Carrot3, Kaen Seibo, tamakyuu, princess holiday, Princess maker collection, Super Robot Taisen Alpha, Tantei Shinshi Dash!, Comic Party,Tenohira wo, Taiyou ni with preset which has been mentioned previously,
I confirm that all of these game flawlessly works on DreamShell v4.0.0.

And I confirmed that Now It is possible to run "21 - Two One" with below preset and it display no white box instead of japanese letter at all.
(DMA 16 or 8,0x8c004000,default,heap behind the loader)

But,It is still not able to run Sakura wars3,4 on DreamShell v4.0.0.

and "First kiss story 2" cannot reach over title screen any more, When I tried "First kiss story 2" with below preset, After mpeg sofdec screen,It display only black screen..
(DMA true,0x8cff0000,default,behind the loader)

Although, It is possible to run "Super Street Fighter II X for Matching Service" on DreamShell v4.0.0,
(DMA true,0x8c004000,IP.BIN,low level,behind the loader)
But Any selected character takes no damage in gameplay, It is exactly the same as activating invincibility code..
I tried to run it with other address But all of my efforts failed to find a preset without invincibility.
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 03.02.2024 в 03:48, отредактировал пользователь chth96.)
03.02.2024 03:46
pcwzrd13 Не на форуме
Продвинутый

Been doing more CDDA testing and I gotta say @SWAT, the improvements are astounding! Distortion is completely gone in some games like MagForce Racing, Speed Devils, and Star Wars: Demolition (which doesn't freeze with DMA anymore either). The music sounds just like it's playing from the GD! Well done @SWAT! Well done! Smile

There are still issues with some games but it's so much better! Been updating my spreadsheet with details (anything marked with "DS 4.0" has been tested with this release).

(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 04.02.2024 в 03:51, отредактировал пользователь pcwzrd13.)
04.02.2024 03:51
megavolt85 Не на форуме
Супермодератор

Рейтинг: 38
Сказал спасибо: 180
Поблагодарили 1523 раз(а) в 895 сообщ.
for Worms Armageddon use same settigs as for Worms World Party, is default for wince games
hmm, this seems strange, but Worms Armageddon doesn't load every time, but after a few attempts it still loads and the CDDA works

HKT-3030, Bios mod, SD mod, VGA internal mod, G1ATA mod, Region changer mod, PSU mod
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 04.02.2024 в 08:33, отредактировал пользователь megavolt85.)
04.02.2024 08:05
yo4yo4 Не на форуме
Пользователь

Сказал спасибо: 33
Поблагодарили 7 раз(а) в 7 сообщ.
Поздравляю с выходом. Однако мы вынуждены сообщить о неутешительных результатах. Мне не удалось подтвердить активацию на нескольких японских Dreamcast, которыми я владею.
Как немодифицированные, так и модифицированные Dreamcast неоднократно перезагружались после появления логотипа "DreamShell". Я также пробовал менять регион на "EUR", "PAL" и "fr", но он не загружался с зацикливанием загрузки. Как дистрибутив, так и GIT-версия не загружаются, до RC5 мы подтверждали возможность загрузки, но релизная версия, похоже, невозможна.

Однако с дальнейшим развитием и ожиданиями

Поздравляем!
И спасибо вам.

Спасибо команде и всем причастным.
04.02.2024 11:50
pcwzrd13 Не на форуме
Продвинутый

(04.02.2024 08:05)megavolt85 писал(а):  for Worms Armageddon use same settigs as for Worms World Party, is default for wince games

I thought I had tried that but apparently not. lol Yup, works on mostly default settings except 0x8c000100 for loader memory. Sweet!

04.02.2024 18:01
fafadou Не на форуме
Опытный

Рейтинг: 1
Сказал спасибо: 1130
Поблагодарили 89 раз(а) в 82 сообщ.
I want to say thank you and congrats for those 20 years of works.
Thanks for being the men you are Smile

Dreamshell is now very professional and efficient as never.

(01.02.2024 21:08)SWAT писал(а):  I hope this continues to be the case.

For sure yes, we love you.
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 04.02.2024 в 19:08, отредактировал пользователь fafadou.)
04.02.2024 19:04
luizroz Не на форуме
Пользователь

Сказал спасибо: 91
Поблагодарили 4 раз(а) в 3 сообщ.
In my HDD:
i renamed my old DS to DS.RC4
i put DS in root folder

This dont work for me. Display many error messaged after boot and freeze

Dreamcast NTSC, HDD Mod, BIOS Mod
Dreamcast NTSC, HDD Mod, BIOS Mod, SD Mod
05.02.2024 01:36
fafadou Не на форуме
Опытный

Рейтинг: 1
Сказал спасибо: 1130
Поблагодарили 89 раз(а) в 82 сообщ.
Try to copy DS core .bin to the root.
05.02.2024 04:43
SWAT Не на форуме
Администратор

(04.02.2024 11:50)yo4yo4 писал(а):  Поздравляю с выходом. Однако мы вынуждены сообщить о неутешительных результатах. Мне не удалось подтвердить активацию на нескольких японских Dreamcast, которыми я владею.
Как немодифицированные, так и модифицированные Dreamcast неоднократно перезагружались после появления логотипа "DreamShell". Я также пробовал менять регион на "EUR", "PAL" и "fr", но он не загружался с зацикливанием загрузки. Как дистрибутив, так и GIT-версия не загружаются, до RC5 мы подтверждали возможность загрузки, но релизная версия, похоже, невозможна.

Однако с дальнейшим развитием и ожиданиями

Поздравляем!
И спасибо вам.

Спасибо команде и всем причастным.

Удалите старые настройки DS с VMU, они не подходят из-за изменений в видео режимах KOS.

(05.02.2024 01:36)luizroz писал(а):  In my HDD:
i renamed my old DS to DS.RC4
i put DS in root folder

This dont work for me. Display many error messaged after boot and freeze

Remove old DS settings from VMU, they are not compatible due to major changes in KOS video modes.

(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 05.02.2024 в 09:13, отредактировал пользователь SWAT.)
05.02.2024 08:58
 Сказали спасибо: fafadou , yo4yo4
VeraBecker Не на форуме
Пользователь

Сказал спасибо: 26
Поблагодарили 20 раз(а) в 14 сообщ.
Hi SWAT !

I found some bugs, I'll leave them here for when you have time.

1.- When you select the private VMU option and create the shortcut, the shortcut apparently is not saving the VMU arguments and enters the game as if you had not selected that option.

2.- also in the private VMU but when you save the preset, if you turn off the console and turn on again, the VMU option is selected to be different from the private one.

3.- When manually adjusting the memory address of the 8xC textbox and saving the preset, when you restart the console it gives you another address different from the one you had set, for example I am setting 8xCD00000 and after restarting I get 8xCU0

Thanks for everything!
(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 05.02.2024 в 12:08, отредактировал пользователь VeraBecker.)
05.02.2024 11:48
SWAT Не на форуме
Администратор

(05.02.2024 11:48)VeraBecker писал(а):  Hi SWAT !

I found some bugs, I'll leave them here for when you have time.

1.- When you select the private VMU option and create the shortcut, the shortcut apparently is not saving the VMU arguments and enters the game as if you had not selected that option.

2.- also in the private VMU but when you save the preset, if you turn off the console and turn on again, the VMU option is selected to be different from the private one.

3.- When manually adjusting the memory address of the 8xC textbox and saving the preset, when you restart the console it gives you another address different from the one you had set, for example I am setting 8xCD00000 and after restarting I get 8xCU0

Thanks for everything!

1 and 2) VMU options saves in shortcuts and presets for me. Can someone also confirm that?
VMU checkboxes are not saved as checkbox state. In reality, only the dump number is stored. And the choice of checkboxes depends on whether there is a VMU dump in the game folder or not. The ISO Loader creating private dump if you select this option and removing it if you select Shared option.
You using SATA adapter? Speedtest working fine?

3) Yeah there is a bug. Thanks for report. Most often this is not really necessary, so you can correct such a preset manually in a text editor.

(Последний раз сообщение было отредактировано 05.02.2024 в 13:43, отредактировал пользователь SWAT.)
05.02.2024 13:18
 Сказали спасибо: fafadou
Создать ответ